2015-11-16 Release 0.3.2
The new Lensfun 0.3.2 release is out with more than 50 new lens profiles and another 19 updated calibrations.
Most important changes are in the build system. The preferred way to set install paths is now to use the CMAKE_INSTALL_XXX variables from the GNUInstallDirs module. Furthermore, the library binary version number was incremented to fix various compatibility and packaging problems.
- Improved vignetting interpolation
- Internal code cleanups
- New LENSFUN_WINDOWS_DATADIR CMake variable for better windows compatibility
- Support for parallel installation of different database versions
A detailed list of changes can be found in in the complete Changelog for 0.3.2.
2015-05-10 Release 0.3.1
Lensfun 0.3.1 maintenance release is out with more than 60 new lens profiles and another 30 updated calibrations.
- Improved performance when used with 32-bit float image buffers
- Introduced automated testing
- lensfun-update-data now also works without root privileges
- Fixed autoscaling for panoramic and equirectangular projections
More details in the complete Changelog for 0.3.1.
2014-09-30 Release 0.3.0
It took a while since the last release but it was worth the waiting time. In the last 12 months we nearly added and tweaked 160 lens profiles!
Further work was spent on:
- Streamlined lens names for better auto-detection
- Command line tools to update the local database and to manage mount compatibilities
- Higher accuracy for fisheye <--> rectinilear transformation for lenses with real focal length data
- Many bugfixes, especially for the case if sensor sizes of calibration and image to-be-corrected are different
- Removed the old proprietary python based build system as it was not maintained anymore
A detailed overview of all changes can be found in the Changelog for 0.3.0.
2014-04-03 Lensfun moved to Sourceforge!
BerliOS will shut down its service at the end of April 2014. Therefore, we moved everything to Sourceforge and at the same time we took the opportunity to switch the version control system to git.
The new website can be found at
and the project page is located at
2013-10-20 Release 0.2.8
Another minor maintenance release. Most fixes were related to the build system.
But as always we have many(!) new lens profiles. Thanks to all submitters!
A detailed overview of all changes can be found in the Changelog for 0.2.8.
2013-06-23 New website
Lensfun got a new website. Although the layout and design is quite similar to the old one, a lot of things changed under the hood. We moved from a dynamic blog and CMS engine to a static site generator called Jekyll.
This has several advantages:
- Much more easy to maintain. The whole website is now part of the SVN repository. Everybody can participate and edit.
- The website will run on any webserver. No more need for PHP, MySQL, ...
- Much faster!
- No more security trouble and time consuming updates of the CMS software.
To create the website with Jekyll it only needs two steps:
cd lensfun/docs/website jekyll --server
This should start a webserver and you can view the website at http://localhost:4000/. To upload everything to a real webserver just go to the new subfolder
_siteand upload all the content.
2013-02-10 Lensfun 0.2.7
Here is the new 0.2.7 release of Lensfun. lensfun-0.2.7.tar.gz
Most important: some bugs leading to imprecise results when processing extreme values, e.g. from fisheye lenses, were fixed. Thanks to Torsten B. for working on this!
Apart from that we got several new lenses and camera profiles:
New DSLR and mirrorless camera lenses:
- Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II
- Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II
- Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED-AFS VR
- Sigma 18-200mm f/3.5-6.3 II DC OS HSM
- Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM
- Sigma 70-300mm F4-5.6 DL Macro
- Minolta/Sony AF DT 18-70mm F3.5-5.6 (D)
- OLYMPUS M.12-50mm F3.5-6.3
- Sony DT 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 SAM SAL 1855
- Tamron SP 24-70mm F/2.8 Di VC USD
- Tamron SP AF 10-24mm F/3.5-4.5 Di II LD Aspherical IF
- Tokina AT-X Pro DX 11-16mm F2.8
- LUMIX G 14mm F2.5
- Sony E 16mm F2.8
- Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS
- Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS
- Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS
- Sony VCL-ECF1 fisheye converter
New compact cameras:
- Canon G15
- Fuji FinePix F200EXR
- Nikon COOLPIX P60
- Olympus XZ-1
- Panasonic DMC-LX5 4:3
- Sony DSC-RX100, RX100
I want to thank all contributors who take the time to profile their equipment and share it with the community. Keep up the good work!
2012-12-13 New release is on its way!
We promised to release new versions at least every 6 months but the next release has to be postponed by a few weeks till the end of january. The reason is that some severe bugs were discovered and although there are already patches in the bug tracker, some further checks are necessary. We want to be sure everything is fine and no new bugs are introduced by the changes.
The good news is that over the last few months the interest in Lensfun did grow and many people send in calibration data for quite a lot of lenses and camera updates. Stay tuned!
2012-06-23 Release 0.2.6
After more than two years there is finally a new release of Lensfun available. Version 0.2.6 notably comes with many new lenses and cameras but there were also several changes under the hood.
- more than 40 new database entries of lenses and compact cameras
- new CMake based build system for better cross platform compatibility and compilation fixes for MSVC
- better integration into hugin for loading and storing lens parameters via the Lensfun library
- several bug fixes and stability improvements
The source code of the release is available from BerliOS project page.
From now on there will be new releases on a regular basis to frequently bring back database enhancements to the user base. Frequently meaning at least every six months or when there is a significant amount of new profiles.